Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:34 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:25 pm 

I have wired by X10 to my router and can control it through the browser on my tablet. However, I expected to be able to hear the music through my tablet but even though the sound is not muted there is no sound. I can get sound through another browser window opening when I double-click in a track title but that means playing only one track per time. I have tested the sound on my Bluetooth speaker this way and it works but only for the single track as previously mentioned.
Am I missing something here?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:53 pm 

That actually controls the device for the sound to output at the other end not on the device used for browsing.
You need a prog that can play on the browsing device - The X100 does both as it has Apps to control the sound...
On the X10 you could use windows renderer via network devices (it will show) but it would be tricky ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:36 am 

Thanks for the reply. I'll look at the other option.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:33 pm 

I've been trying to get X10 sound output on my computer. The GUI screen is up & working. If I click directly on a single track, a new Firefox window opens & the mp3 file plays perfectly. However, if I click the PLAY button on the same track, the GUI shows it playing, but no sound is forthcoming. The volume is set to max. Is there any way to solve this?
Help please.
John

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:42 pm 

When I purchased my Cocktail Audio X10 in 2012, I successfully connected it to my computer using the GUI with no problem. However I never managed to get any audio through the computer. I had a few half-hearted, & unsuccessful attempts. Now, after something I read on-line, I tried using Windows Media Player (Win10). imagine my surprise when I saw my X10 as one of the inputs! However, clicking on it & selecting the offered "All music" option, after some delay, I just got an error message - "The remote library did not allow the connection. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information" & the X10 locked up.

I don't understand the Samba Server business. I believe I have that selected correctly on the X10. The computer currently has SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support selected as "Client" rather than "Automatic Removal" which was originally selected. I changed it to that following guidance on-line to see if that made the sound appear via the GUI: it didn't.

My Firmware version is X1-CA-1.4.0.r1805. Is this the latest?

Is there any way I can get the music from my X10 to come out of my computer? Help please.

John

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:59 pm 

@Bytheseaside, generally, if you can link your music through a player like windows media, media monkey, foolbar200 etc, that would be okay. Most PCs on linux, windows, solaris OS, mac etc tends to see the music on the network & play it through a software if enabled.
You could map the X10 drive (eg, Drive Z) & link it to windows media or any software if it doesn't pop up in media devices on wimdows.
On the X10 r1805 was the last firmware.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:00 pm 

Thank you, Stane. I've downloaded MediaMonkey, but I still seem to have a problem. Whereas Windows Media Player said my X10 wouldn't let it in & the X10 crashed, MediaMonkey is just sitting there stuck on "Adding 671 of 4456 (Fairway-X10 Media Server)" & "Media Servers(Scanning...)". However, the X10 is still working.

With those messages still showing, I can open the X10 in Explorer & load one track into MediaMonkey & VLC Media Player, but it has to be downloaded first & it just plays one track at a time. If I try to open the file with Windows Media Player, The WMP just sits there with it's little dial going round & round.

Have I got some part of the X10 set-up wrong? Help please.

John

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:49 pm 

I've mapped the X10 to Drive Y. Now, after a 50 odd minute wait, MediaMonkey seems to have added all of X10's music. I'm successfully playing Verdi from it on my computer.

Thank you. Success!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:23 pm 

@Bytheseaside
You should add it manually if mapped or if using the x10 as a server then you probably need to enable player/server on MMedia.
Foolbar is clearner but you might need some plugins if you install the basic at setup (the app is also good).
Anyway well done.