Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:58 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: i-Radio
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 6:05 pm 

After many years of using the above on my X10, I clicked on the icon today and the following message came up:

Receiva i-Radio
i-Radio is unavailable
Retry

Retrying just brings up the same message. I've not seen this before and am not aware of anything having changed since successfully tuning in yesterday (I use it practically every day). Am assuming no problem with connection as the icon is highlighted. Unfortunately there's nothing in the instruction booklet covering this so I'd really appreciate some input.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: i-Radio
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 9:29 pm 

JaneMG wrote:
After many years of using the above on my X10, I clicked on the icon today and the following message came up:

Receiva i-Radio
i-Radio is unavailable
Retry

Retrying just brings up the same message. I've not seen this before and am not aware of anything having changed since successfully tuning in yesterday (I use it practically every day). Am assuming no problem with connection as the icon is highlighted. Unfortunately there's nothing in the instruction booklet covering this so I'd really appreciate some input.

Thanks

Have a look here:
https://www.cocktailaudio.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=2431
It is in German, but you can use Google translate.

Basically, it seems to be the network connection. Check following your manual section 5-4.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:45 pm 

JaneMG wrote:

Receiva i-Radio
i-Radio is unavailable
Retry

Thanks

Have you tried adding station yourself JMG :
See link for ideas:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1821

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:29 pm 

JaneMG wrote:

Receiva i-Radio
i-Radio is unavailable
Retry

Thanks

Dear JaneMG, just press FAV on the remote to see the stations you have already saved. RECIVA is just a service provider , you do not need to use them. :idea: :idea: :idea:

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:26 pm 

Many thanks for the input, however I received the following today after contacting them:

Many thanks for using X10.
Reciva i-Radio terminated the internet radio streaming service recently.
However, it’s unfortunate that X10 has discontinued the very old model and the CPU power of X10 cannot afford to the new internet streaming service.
So we cannot update the firmware of this model.
If you want to listen to i-Radio stations, you are recommended to purchase our new model like X14.
Best regards,
Inho Kim
NOVATRON CO., LTD

Meanwhile my brother appears to have found a way around this problem so if anyone's interested, since it may well have affected others, I'll ask him to post.

All input appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 7:45 am 

Thank you JaneMG for raising this issue again. I first posted the issue a couple of days ago but only received a reply from tech1a to search the forum for a work around. Having wasted an hour trying to decipher a multitude of posts by techies without resolution I gave up. At least you got a link!

It would be helpful if support added these workarounds as addenda to the manual to help those with less tech knowledge or the time. There is still a core of X10 users who form the backbone of this company who are being left behind as the technology moves on. Just buying a new device is not always the answer.

Thank you to stane for a very simple answer - support please note.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 9:13 am 

@Ballyglass
The email is not accurate, always contact the uk team that email reply seems like it was from abroad.
They have separated, so you have to contact the right people, read the details on their about page.
Don't waste your time, just add your own stations, there are lots of links:
1. Download station .pls or .m3u files and add via USB
2. Or add stations via web-interface
You do not need to use RECIVA ... Stane has already mentioned how to see the stations, to simply press favourites on the remote too see the stations or simply add more. When you are searching try using an asterisk it helps to retrieve more links on the forum.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 12:37 pm 

@tech1a

I am sorry but I don't know what email you refer to in your reply.

I have only been on the UK support page/forum and the reply to my query came from you - please check the posts to confirm. I also only followed questions within the UK forum so not sure where the non-UK information comes from.

The main point I was making is that support could take the workarounds or issue resolutions produced by users within the forum and add them as an addendum to the manual. My X10 works fine and I only have the need to refer to the forum every two or three years. To answer a question by referring to an answer exisiting somewhere on the forum is a bit lazy and assumes the user has equal tech knowledge and the time to sift through dozens of answers.

In the case of receiva service ending as most users would already have a list of favourites saved then as stena pointed out this was not lost and therefore the procedure for downloading new links to radio stations is probably not required. Two answers- one simple the other a bit more work - take your pick.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 2:19 pm 

tech1a wrote:
@Ballyglass
The email is not accurate, always contact the uk team that email reply seems like it was from abroad.
They have separated, so you have to contact the right people, read the details on their about page.
Don't waste your time, just add your own stations, there are lots of links:
1. Download station .pls or .m3u files and add via USB
2. Or add stations via web-interface
You do not need to use RECIVA ... Stane has already mentioned how to see the stations, to simply press favourites on the remote too see the stations or simply add more. When you are searching try using an asterisk it helps to retrieve more links on the forum.

I don't have a Cocktail X10 (I have a Brennan B2) but have been trying to sort out JaneMG's problem from 240 miles away. We have found that .pls files are recognised by the Cocktail, but not .m3u files. Furthermore, any .pls file that includes an .m3u link does not work either. It may be that her firmware is not up to date.
I prepared some simple .pls files that seem to work OK. She accessed these via the USB but then created a new My Favourites list out of the contents, so she doesn't need to use the USB any more.
For example, one playlist that I called Absolute Classic Rock.pls:
Quote:
[playlist]
File1=http://ais.absoluteradio.co.uk/absoluteclassicrock.mp3
Title1=Absolute Classic Rock
Length1=-1
NumberOfEntries=1
Version=2

I did some multiple station playlists, like this:
Quote:
[playlist]
File1=http://ais.absoluteradio.co.uk/absolute60s.mp3
Title1=Absolute Radio 60s
Length1=-1
File2=http://ais.absoluteradio.co.uk/absolute70s.mp3
Title2=Absolute Radio 70s
Length2=-1
NumberOfEntries=2
Version=2

But it was more convenient for her to do it one at a time.

It seems that many of the playlists available engage in some sort of url 'hopping', so I would suggest trying to find links that are directly controlled by the stations if possible.

What is interesting to me is that the playlists can be saved as favourites and the USB drive is no longer necessary. That indicates to me that a favourite - a radio station - is accessed as if it has been discovered by reciva. So the front end by reciva/Cocktail seems to have been bypassed this way.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 2:38 pm 

@MikeAustin

Thank you for the additional information.

Fortunately I had saved all my go to radio channels as my favourites. As you say the X10 bypasses receiva when they are stored as favourites so my access to the channels I listen to most has been restored.

There is a lot of information available through the forum but does take time to work through. Some of the important stuff should be extracted by Cocktail support and placed on their web site.

I have copied your advice for future reference.

Thanks again