Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:10 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:20 pm 

My X30 has firmware X3U-CA-1.1.0.r0090 and is wire-connected through a MikroTik network switch to my home LAN.

The X30 is playing some iRadio station and you try to power it off (or, I would rather say, standby). If, just before this, the MikroTik is switched off (or the network has gone down for any other reason), the X30 systematically freezes. The only way to recover it is to actually switch the power off with the real power switch on the back of the X30.

Is this bug known? Is it fixed in the upcoming X3U-CA-1.1.0.b0111 release? Is it going to be fixed in future firmware releases?

Thanks for any info,

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:17 pm 

BUGGY beta!!! Dnt use it unless you want to try other features.
Are you connected via HDMI?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:56 pm 

Admin_CA wrote:
BUGGY beta!!! Dnt use it unless you want to try other features.
I did not plan to install X3U-CA-1.1.0.b0111, but thanks for the warning!

As I said, my X30 has the official firmware X3U-CA-1.1.0.r0090. But this firmware does have the bug I described in my message. Not very important -- sure, in normal use, this combination of events which hangs the X30 is very unlikely ;) -- but it is a bug and I think all bugs should eventually be fixed!
Admin_CA wrote:
Are you connected via HDMI?
No. The only cables are the two speakers, the ethernet cable, and the power cord. No wifi or any other usb dongle connected either. The freezing happens both with the HDD and without.

Best wishes,

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:25 am 

evr wrote:
Admin_CA wrote:
[...] my X30 has the official firmware X3U-CA-1.1.0.r0090. But this firmware does have the bug I described in my message. Not very important -- sure, in normal use, this combination of events which hangs the X30 is very unlikely ;) -- but it is a bug and I think all bugs should eventually be fixed![...]
Update:
Just for the record: I am now running the recently released firmware version X3U-CA-1.1.0.r0118 and it looks like the bug has been fixed. Even if this specific fix is not documented in the release notes, X3U-CA-1.1.0.r0118 includes many network-related fixes, so maybe this one was a side-effect of some of the fixed bugs.

NEW UPDATE: It was a false illusion; I had not tested it well enough -- unfortunately, the latest firmware still has this bug...

Cheers,