Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:12 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:07 pm 

I tried today to network stream into Windows Media Player on my Windows 7 box and thing do not work as expected.

In Windows Media Player there are three tabs to display the music stored on the X10 which are :-

By Genre
By Artist
By Album

Displaying music by Genre and Artist are working just fine. Also streaming the actual music works OK.

But when displaying by Album, most albums display OK - the problem is with Albums where the individual music tracks are by different artists.

When an album has tracks by different artists, rather than display a single album containing multiple tracks, Windows medial player displays the album multiple times, once for each artist.

I think that this behaviour is wrong hence could either be an issue with media player or the streaming server in the X10.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:42 pm 

This has nothing to do with the X10 or X30 or any other...
Streaming protocols like DNLA & UPNP tend to have that category, unless you tag your Albums accordingly or stream by a different protocol.
That is why some users tag their compilations by various or you might consider streaming by Albums only (when selecting compilations).
Same concept with smart phones, tablets, PC streaming, movies etc...

This is due to the link, that is why you create playlist & then stream or do it by Albums.
You need to define your needs....
Some softwares work much better than WIN, try foobar or others.....many free tools.