Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:51 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

No duplicates, else deletion!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:30 pm 

Has anyone successfully connected a NAS drive to their X30 (or other device)?

I was assured when I bought my X30 and Synology NAS drive that the two would connect to each other. I was told that a "hard disc internal memory" is not required. Not true, yet..
It seems that there has been a long history of NAS drives being difficult to set up as storage device with an X10, x30.

I have an X10, and X30, both work OK, but I was assured when I bought them that I could connect them to a NAS drive. 12 months on and I am still trying without success.

I received instructions from Korea (China or wherever they're made) in the form of an excel worksheet with detailed instructions and screen shots of what I should be seeing. I've followed these to a T, and it's still not working. Now I'm no computer whizzkid, but I can follow instructions like these.

I aim to have a home networked (via ethernet cable) of my X10, X30, Synology NAS storage device (4 x 4tB), and wireless to PC's..

It now seems likely that I'll have to buy a new 4tb internal memory (I have loads of music) for the X30, and then backup to the NAS each time I rip a new CD..

FreeDB - I can't install this as I have no internal memory, and I can't get the MusicDB to store on the NAS..
Internet radio - Useless - our broadband speed is limited to 0.5 mB..
FM Radio - have had to use a 3 meter aerial.

Apart from the above issues, I love the machine, I like the sound quality, I like the robustness of the casing, I liked the web gui when it was working (Music DB storage issues). I liked the searchability of the database (when I had a small internal drive fitted)..

It *could* be a great piece of equipment, but at the moment it's destined for the bin..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:06 am 

..so I take it that no-one has managed to do this.

This was the main reason for buying the X30, so that I can connect to a NAS drive that stores my large music collection. (too large to fit on a 4gb drive at reasonable quality).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:50 pm 

Have a look at the new software update and it may help you. I can say it does as I dont use a NAS but the new software (this week) has cleared up my issues and added some new features.

Alan