Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:35 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

No duplicates, else deletion!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:25 am 

I just purchased my X30 and have updated to latest firmware R0083. I had hoped / expected this would have resolved my only problem with this unit, which is that when I switch it to Standby it switches on again after about 5 minutes. I have seen this commented on elsewhere and the advice is to take / return the unit to the retailer to be checked / replaced. Reading through the Forum, this was some months ago, so I just wondered if anyone else has this problem and if it really is a faulty unit - i.e. has anyone had to return their unit for repair / replacement. It isn't a major inconvenience, just a niggle with an otherwise superb product

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:41 pm 

Hi,
Take it back to the shop, they need to change the board or fix that, else it will keep doing that....
There was a post somewhere on the forum about this issue.
I have an Cocktail Audio X30 but mine is fine.
Purchased online.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:00 pm 

Quick update - the X30 is also affected by other remote controls, and I contacted Cocktail who have agreed the Motherboard needs checking / replacing as this should not be happening
Thanks for your help

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:46 pm 

:|

Hi I have an X30 for a few weeks now and it keeps re-starting.

I have covered up the IR window thinking it could be other remotes.

Prior to the X30 I had an X10 for many years without this problem.

I wonder before we all start sending back our X30 can someone please check this can not be fixed by a firmware update.

Many years ago I had a Sony Gigajuke when started to develop issues, at first we were told to take it to our local repair centre, who changed motherboards without fixing the problem. In the end they had so many units waiting for repair, and Sony could not find a fix. After about 3 months when the Sony user forum got together and pressed sony who were claiming it was Firmware issue, one off faults etc, they finally agreed it was a server issue, as every time the sony did a rip it spoke to the server to keep track of pirated copies etc. After that I sold the product as Sony and decided to go with Cocktail as thier forum seemed more open and the manufacturers give a honest reply.

PLEASE before I send back my X30 can someone from Coctail (prefably UK) confirm that this is a hardware fault. This has only started to happen this week ?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:01 pm 

Hello -I posted previously and I can confirm that since my motherboard was replaced the X30 has worked faultlessly, so I suggest contacting your retailer and they should repair it

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:08 pm 

I have sent an email to both Cocktail (UK) and my dealer as no doubt that as my unit is only a few weeks old, I would rather have a new unit, rather than get it repaired, however is all the current stock affected ?

Was it the dealer who did the repair or did it go back to cocktail (UK) and how old was your unit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:58 am 

Hello again - it was collected by 'Superfi' and they replaced the motherboard. It was back within two days. I had only had it for a few weeks, but didn't really want to have to start reloading CDs (I know they could have probably switched the hard drive). I initially thought it may need to be replaced. It seems to be an exception rather than the norm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:59 pm 

Thank you for the update, my dealer has offered to get the unit repaired. However there is a very strange sequence of events. Since getting the X30 I have never used the radio function, as most of my listening is from ripped CD or Internet Radio. During that time the unit never woke up on its own. About a week ago I pressed the radio button by mistake and it did a seach for radio stations and found none as I dont have an aerial connected, but was quite hard to exit the radio mode. Since then it has been waking up out of standby. Yesterday I connected a cheap "pound shop" aerial just to see what fm radio was like, as its been many years since I used that mode. My local transmitter is only about 6 miles away and it found all the main stations. Since doing that the cocktail has stopped waking up on its own, It seems a very strange coincidence, also to prove it was not other remotes waking the unit up, I covered the sensor window with blu-tak and still it woke up, and even holding the supplied remote a few inches from the unit proved my blu-tak was effictive as the unit would not respond until I removed the blutak. It would be nice to know the technical reason why the board needs to be replaced and perhaps my dealer who has spoken to cocktail today may see what advise they have given about the rest of his stock as to sell "as is" or get it modified prior to sale.