Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:15 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create ANOTHER topic of a question that already exists look for an akin posts/forum.
For example 'App streaming' will be best posted under 'Supported Apps: '.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users' to find solutions to their queries.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:12 pm 

When in Album view in the WebInterface, after you click on the crayon to edit the metadata for an album, there are a couple of bits of the GUI that I don't understand:

1) There is a checkbox to the right of the metadata for each track - I have no idea what this is supposed to do :?

2) At the top, on the right at the top of the "Action" Column, there is a drop-down which is default filled with "Auto Play" and the other option I get in the drop-down menu is "Peter's Music" (which is currently the only playlist that I have).

I suspect that both of these may have something to do with playlist management - but I have no intention of messing with them till I find out what they are supposed to do and how they work.

I have thoroughly read the X30 manual and the WebInterface guide - but that is labelled X10 and Beta and only bears a loose relationship to the GUI I actually see in the WebInterface for the X30.

Any insights gratefully received :)

Thanks,
Peter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:18 am 

The checkboxes allow you to add individual songs to different playlists - if you ripped in a compilation album that was extremely diverse in the sense that it has a mix of different decades, you could create playlists for those decades and tick the songs from the different decades and add them in the pull-down menu - or, if it's a combination of disco and easy listening, you could put them in playlists labelled Disco and Easy Listening!

The possibilities are endless - you could have them in many playlists!

Hope it was clear - my English isn't all that good, despite being an Englishman!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:47 pm 

Ahhhh now I see - thanks Arthur. :idea:

You just select the required playlist from the dropdown
then check the tracks that you want to add to that playlist
then press the "Save" to make those changes to the playlist.

Personally I am not investing time in playlists until they get added to the backups. I can see n'owt in the backup file to indicate playlists are there - and the conversations I have had with tech support at Cocktail Audio seem to confirm that this is the case (though they were not entirely sure).

Peter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:50 pm 

Ahhh - but now, on thinking about this, I realize that this could be useful way to set up the temporary "Virtual Playlist" from the PC ...