Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:16 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create ANOTHER topic of a question that already exists look for an akin posts/forum.
For example 'App streaming' will be best posted under 'Supported Apps: '.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users' to find solutions to their queries.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:02 am 

Hi
we changed several things in the webinterface in new version (available from today).
Regarding the Track number we need a fix from the firmware engineers before we can make this available.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:47 pm 

thanks, love the updates.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 pm 

First time webinterface today. I finally decided to give it a try. My first impression is that it needs a lot of improvement in term of presentation if possible of course. Here are few of my suggestions to start:
Let's say you choose the album art view (which is actually my favorite because it makes it easier to browse music collection by album art).
- I think it is better to be able to choose song within an album. Something like you double click on the cover art and then appear all the songs in the album and then choose from there the song you want to play. Because with the actual firmware (19669), if you are in the album mode, you can only play the entire album and if you want to choose a song in that album, either you go to the virtual playlist and skip to the song you would like to listen to or you have to use the remote control.
I think going through virtual playlist all the time doesn't make any sense. Because also if I choose to listen to other albums then it will add up to the virtual playlist with the previous album. Then if I want to listen back to an album that are already added in the virtual list then it becomes a problem because either I have to browse through virtual playlist or to stop playing music to clear the virtual playlist and restart from the beginning.

- I also wonder if it possible to add directly an album to a specific playlist. It is possible to do it with song but not with album.
- Also I think it could be nice to make the webinterface look like a player not just browser. I mean something like when you play a song then all the info about the song appear (like album, title, artist, genre, bitrate and album art etc.) like on the player but on the web interface.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:59 pm 

Have you read the release notes on firmware 1669 on the UK site?
http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware.shtml

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:58 pm 

MusicLaScala wrote:
Have you read the release notes on firmware 1669 on the UK site?
http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware.shtml

Yes I did and I already install the latest version and that's why I posted the above suggestion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:44 am 

Actually Mahay, i don't think you have actually explored the web-interface.
You don't even need to use a virtual playlist. You can play all the tracks within an album & select whichever track you prefer.
You can filter, you can add to a non-virtual playlist, when a song is playing you can view the bitrate, artist and all (which will also show on the X10), as well as use the web-mini and standard remote.
All this could be achieved with the older fw, the new update (fw/webinterface) has 3 icons on each album cover.
You can config the albums to display and so forth...........
(I think you haven't really used the web-interface quite yet).
Perhaps if you read the web Gui notes on FW 1665 & the 1669......

Also talking about a media player, X10 media renderer/server allows windows media player to view & display all your X10 collection with ART.
Enable SAMBA on X10, Upnp is on by default.

Attachments:
test.jpg
test.jpg [ 36.78 KiB | Viewed 26082 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:37 pm 

Thank you for your comment freemartial,

But I think may be I didn't explain it very well. Here is the issue.

1- Let's choose the Album view as seen in the picture I have attached (Picture N°1). The only option you have is either you "Play album now" or "Play album last". The other button is to edit tag. I am not able to see the list of song in this album. If I want to see the list of song I have to choose the view to artist but I like to browse my collection through cover art because I can recognize easily my collection. May be it's nice to add another 4th button so you can see the songs within this album (See picture N°1 for suggestion)

2- The second issue is, let's say I play the album of Bob Marley "Babylon by Bus" in the Picture N°2 (step 1). While a song is still playing, I push the button "Play now" on the faithless album (see picture step 2). Now the problem I can't get back to Bob Marley song because the button "Play album now" doesn't work anymore this time (Step 3). So if I want to return to previous Bob Marley song, I have to go to virtual playlist and from there I can browse between songs from Bob Marley's and from Faithless' albums (Picture N°3). The other possibility may be to stop completely and then after that the button "Play now" is active again (back to picture 2 Step 3 for explanation). This issue is not only with the album view but even with artist or song view. Everytime you play a song and add another song while it is playing, you can't play the previous song unless you browse the virtual playlist. Because the button "Play now" doesn't work. The other possibility would be using the FW or RW button on the top right of the web interface but it is not efficient if you have added a bunch of song because you just skip song in blind (Picture 2 top right buttons).

3- My suggestion to resolve this issue since the virtual player is very important, may be it is nice to improve its presentation. I mean something like add to the view option Virtual playlist under the name "Playing songs" for instance. So when you click on the mode view "Playing song" then you have all the list of the song you that are playing. And then on the right side all the info about the song playing with cover art. Something like in media player (see Picture 4 for suggestion).

Attachments:
File comment: Pictures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Tout.jpg
Tout.jpg [ 262.51 KiB | Viewed 26062 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Opps sorry........Mahay :oops:
Thought you could find certain bits.
Thanks for the rather comprehensive suggestion.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:10 pm 

I think there is still a misunderstanding here. It is not about refreshing or clearing cache. I am not talking about error, I am giving suggestion for improvement.

Anyway, yes you can play music if you click the Edit button and I know that. But in my opinion it is not secure because you can accidently remove some tag and once it's gone you have to add it again (Look at the picture below for comparison).
If I select a view mode by "song" or "genre" or "artist" then I have an option to play or edit the music. And the song are very secure because I can't touch the Tag unless I click on edit. But if I want to choose "album" then I have to click edit in order to play song? See the picture, the tag is vulnerable. You can clear it by accident. To me edit should stay edit and playing a song should be different than editing a tag. My idea was just a suggestion of separating the two and make it more clear and safe.

The other issue (point 2 in my last comment) I guess need a concrete example. Let's say you play a song that we call "Track01". Let it play for 10 seconds and don't wait until the end of the music and don't use the button stop but directly choose another song that we call "Track02" and choose the option "play now". Now that Track 02 is playing, try to make the "Track01" to "play now" again and tell me if you can make it work. The only solution is to stop playing everything and then you will be able to play "Track01" or go to virtual playlist and from there you choose to play "track01". Please follow exactly the step on the picture N°2 on my last previous post and you can understand what I am trying to say. You can do it with song too but not only with album as I described in the picture.

Anyway, this is just a suggestion/critics for future improvement. I am not trying to put down the X10, I still enjoy my experience and I like the new features in my x10. Also I have a lot of respect to the team who develop this player because I can tell that I notice a very big improvement since I purchase my player to date. On the other word I totally recommend this player for people who hesitate because they won't regret it.
So as I said take my critics as another possibility of improvement.

Attachments:
Sans titre.jpg
Sans titre.jpg [ 91.22 KiB | Viewed 26054 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:04 am 

This is another suggestion to improve experience with the web interface. This time is for playlist.

The things that I like after you click the actual button "edit" when you choose the view by album is that it makes it so easy to create playlist.
1- You can add the entire album by using the tab "Assign to Playlist"
2- You can scroll the combo "Action" and choose the playlist where you want the selected song/album to be added

My suggestion is to do exactly the same thing for "Artist", "genre" and "Songs" views. Yes, I know it is possible to add song with "song" view to playlist but it is not as simple as the one with the album. What I like with the album view is that you just select song from the selection box and choose playlist from "Action". This is not the case for song view where you have to click the button "add to playlist" all the time before you are able to choose the playlist.
This can be good if you want to assign an artist to playlist or some album/song of the artist. Same for genre.

The other suggestion, this time in the "album" view, is also to be able to assign multiple album to a selected playlist at the same time so you don't have to open album each time.

Hope I explained it well. Please take a look at the previous picture in my previous comment to see where the tab "Assign to playlist", the combo "Action" and the selection box that I am talking about. It will be great to add exactly the same option for "artist", "genre" and "song" views.

But I still want to reinforce my points from my previous comment to make things clear. The only thing I don't like with the album art view is that the button shouldn't be call "edit" but something else like "Browse" for instance and when you click on it, you shouldn't be able to change the Tag to avoid accident, and on the other hand create another button call "edit" where you can work ONLY with tag and nothing more.
I suggest also do the same thing for the other kind of view. Just to keep it simple and easy to manipulate.