Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

This section is for users' to post tips (features) on using the box not questions.

Post subject: Best way to add files
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:30 am 

I'm expecting delivery of my X10 in a couple of days and, in the meantime, I'm preparing my many folders of mp3's and flac's for transfer to it. But are folders necessary? On the PC, I have each album in its own folder and it was my intention to transfer those folders to the X10.

With every song fully tagged, though, would I be OK transferring just the songs and not use folders at all? (If I'm correct in my interpretation of the X10 Manual, I could easily pull up a specific album or artist...)

Thanks for any advice offered.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:30 pm 

dortmunder wrote:
I'm expecting delivery of my X10 in a couple of days and, in the meantime, I'm preparing my many folders of mp3's and flac's for transfer to it. But are folders necessary? On the PC, I have each album in its own folder and it was my intention to transfer those folders to the X10.

With every song fully tagged, though, would I be OK transferring just the songs and not use folders at all? (If I'm correct in my interpretation of the X10 Manual, I could easily pull up a specific album or artist...)

Thanks for any advice offered.

I think you have the right idea.

Just copy the files onto the X10's hard disk -- it doesn't matter how you organize the files in directories -- and use the "Copy to DB" function. Once they are in the database, you can delete the copies you put on the hard disk (if you want to free up space).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:39 pm 

Thanks, marriedto51. You've noted the crossover between this and my other post...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=664#p3903