Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:52 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

This section is for users' to post tips (features) on using the box not questions.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:32 pm 

I regularly decided that I have the wrong genre or other album attribute. Is there a way I change the genre or the artist or the year, etc for an album after it has been ripped?

Diolch yn fawr, Philip

Last edited by pconnolly on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:39 pm 

Just rename the genre (on the web interface or on X10-MENU-RENAME).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:51 pm 

That changes all the other albums under the same genre doesn't it? I just want to change attributes for one album without having to go through track by track. However having read the webinterface PDF ("when all else fails, read the instructions") I see that the merger button does what I want for genre.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:11 pm 

Well, i got the impression that one album had an incorrect genre, hence to correct the "incorrect genre**" will mean.......editing to fit into the others :)
Merge is quite good too......best if the tagging under discography/artist separates or spits one album into many artist.

Pop
World
???**
Jazz
African
Compilation
Classical
Audio Books

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:43 am 

If you want to change the genre for all tracks in a single album, the easiest route is to use the Web GUI.

Point your browser at the IP address of your X10 (you might find it works just to type "x10" in the address bar), then click the "Album" tab at the top. Type the album name in the search box, and press Return. You should then be able to point at the album cover, and click on the "i" in the top right corner. If you type the new genre you want in the box at the top of the genre column, and press Return, then all the tracks should be updated for you.

There's more information on the Web GUI in the release notes: http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware/X10%20Webinterface%20User%20Guide_ver0.9_1644.pdf

Via the remote on the X10 directly, you have to edit each track individually using the "Tag Edit" menu option, which is obviously not too bad for 3 or 4 tracks, but a pain for a box set with 25 tracks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:39 pm 

This sounds exactly what I need but I cannot make it happen. When I select the "i" first of all there is no "genre column" to edit and anyway when I try to edit, say, the year I can still only do one track at a time.

Regards, Philip

marriedto51 wrote:
If you want to change the genre for all tracks in a single album, the easiest route is to use the Web GUI.

Point your browser at the IP address of your X10 (you might find it works just to type "x10" in the address bar), then click the "Album" tab at the top. Type the album name in the search box, and press Return. You should then be able to point at the album cover, and click on the "i" in the top right corner. If you type the new genre you want in the box at the top of the genre column, and press Return, then all the tracks should be updated for you.

There's more information on the Web GUI in the release notes: http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware/X10%20Webinterface%20User%20Guide_ver0.9_1644.pdf

Via the remote on the X10 directly, you have to edit each track individually using the "Tag Edit" menu option, which is obviously not too bad for 3 or 4 tracks, but a pain for a box set with 25 tracks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 pm 

pconnolly wrote:
This sounds exactly what I need but I cannot make it happen. When I select the "i" first of all there is no "genre column" to edit and anyway when I try to edit, say, the year I can still only do one track at a time.

Do you have the most up-to-date firmware installed on the X10?

Attached is what it looks like when I click the "i"...
Attachment:
File comment: Web interface: editing album tags
snapshot1.png
snapshot1.png [ 139.33 KiB | Viewed 16714 times ]

I think you may need to have the R1656 firmware; and you will need to check the release notes to make sure that the new web interface has been installed. Links can be found via http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware.shtml

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:14 pm 

... and after that it sometimes helps to clear the browser cache as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:04 pm 

I've checked and I have the R1656 Firmware (XI-CA-1.3.o.r1656),[in fact I reloaded it manually just in case] but no change to the GUI it still does not have the info shown in your screen grab.

Any other suggestions? Regards, Philip

marriedto51 wrote:
pconnolly wrote:

Attachment:
snapshot1.png

I think you may need to have the R1656 firmware; and you will need to check the release notes to make sure that the new web interface has been installed. Links can be found via http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware.shtml

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:21 pm 

Ignore that, just reinstalled the web server and I think that has done the trick. Diolch yn fawr (as we say in Wales)

pconnolly wrote:
I've checked and I have the R1656 Firmware (XI-CA-1.3.o.r1656),[in fact I reloaded it manually just in case] but no change to the GUI it still does not have the info shown in your screen grab.

Any other suggestions? Regards, Philip

marriedto51 wrote:
pconnolly wrote:

Attachment:
snapshot1.png