|Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum
|Wireless internet connection without a dongle
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Baroque Fan [ Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:27 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Wireless internet connection without a dongle|
I don't have a wireless dongle, but I can connect the X10 to the internet (to get online freeDB access, and internet radio) by linking via an ethernet wire to my laptop which is connected to the internet via my home wireless network.
I only occasionally want to be able to connect it to the internet, and wanted to try the internet features out before buying a dongle.
If this might be useful for you, this is how I did it. My router's IP address is 192.168.0.1, you may need to check your home network addresses.
1) On X10, go to Home > Setup > Network > Wired Setup
2) Select: Static IP
3) Enter an IP address appropriate to your home network (I chose 192.168.0.100).
4) Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
5) Gateway and DNS Server 192.168.0.1
6) Plug the ethernet cable into the X10 and internet-connected laptop
7) On laptop go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Centre > Change adapter settings
8) Select both the local area connection (ethernet) and the wireless connection icons (Ctrl-click both)
9) Right mouse click and select "Bridge Connections"
After a few seconds, the bridge is formed and your X10 should be able to connect to the internet (and the laptop should also be able to see the X10, enabling you to transfer files between the X10 and your computer).
As Admin has pointed out in several places, don't make any changes to the "MusicDB" folder...
Alternatively, buy a wi-fi dongle!
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group