Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:29 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

This section is for users' to post tips (features) on using the box not questions.

Post subject: Album Art useful site:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:26 pm 

http://www.albumart.org/gb/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 am 

Hi,

I just use a search engine like Google on my PC and select "images" and have had a lot of success. I then look for an image which is about 300x300 pixels and save to a USB stick.

Regards

Alan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:42 am 
Site Admin

Have you checked this:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=133

Min 500X500 is better, especially when it comes to displaying on the web-interface.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:29 pm 

When I started to use the cocktail I was using the various sites siggested but too often realised that the cover I wanted was now available.

From experience I have found that the best way of obtaining Album art is to simply scan the artwork from the CD itself. That way I am in control of the quality and size of the image and do not have to spend ages ferreting around Google or wherever.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:54 pm 

A bit much, don't you think? :o :)
I would rather search for the images (manually & save them to a memory stick or network folder or something...) than scan 2000+ cds!
There are many cover art sites, as well as search engines but scanning every cd is wow, a lot of work.
Perhaps if the cd is rear or personal (own music or other) but not standard commercial types.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:04 pm 

johnp wrote:
When I started to use the cocktail I was using the various sites siggested but too often realised that the cover I wanted was now available.

From experience I have found that the best way of obtaining Album art is to simply scan the artwork from the CD itself. That way I am in control of the quality and size of the image and do not have to spend ages ferreting around Google or wherever.

I do that with the LPs I'm transferring - just take a quick shot of the cover with my mobile camera and transfer the image after a bit of cropping to the SD card I'm saving the LP tracks on. I should think it would be easy to do the same with CD art-work if not available on Google.