Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Tue May 24, 2022 8:35 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create ANOTHER topic of a question that already exists look for an akin posts/forum.
For example 'Coping music' will be best posted under 'Exporting/Importing Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users' to find solutions to their queries.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:19 pm 

Hi
I have 28,000 music tracks on my X10. Just retrieved the X10 from storage.
I would like to make playlist files for hundreds of tracks that I can then use for background music.
I have the music in folders on my PC, and was planning to use a playlist app.
eg. import the folders that I want to add to playlist1, to the X10 database. They will be date-time stamped in windows file explorer. Drag those into the playlistcreator app. Save and copy that playlist to the X10. I can edit and sort playlist lines quite easily.

I thought it would be simple. I created a small playlist file using the X10 remote, thinking that I could then find the playlist file in my PC file explorer when X10 is usb connected to PC. But I cannot find it on the X10 hard disk. Can anyone please tell me where the playlist files are stored on the X10 hard disk so I can edit them?

Or does the X10 REALLY only allow access to .DB and the webinterface folder .http through the remote control menu system?

It would take days to add playlists, one track at a time :roll:

Many Thanks

Paul Davies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:50 pm 

Just a suggestion ...i use the ProX100 which has a playlist folder for anything from radio to music.
However when i did use the x10 before i never saw a folder. I think it could be created within a hidden sql-lite script inside the .DB. The problem with the X10 is that, if you touch the DB-Folder it could mess up the music bootloader & it will crash upon booting.
It was either thru the web-GUI or manually via the remote.
Have you tried using the web-Gui to create the playlists ?
Perhaps the playlists software could access the x10 music via network & then create the playlists files that way ???
Sorrrrrry ...if my suggestion isn't helpful.