Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:17 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create ANOTHER topic of a question that already exists look for an akin posts/forum.
For example 'Coping music' will be best posted under 'Exporting/Importing Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users' to find solutions to their queries.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:01 pm 

Hi CA folks... been a long time etc

Have any CA users plumped for an X35 yet?

I've had the X10 and X30 since the day they came out respectively, and upgraded the X10 to an X12 for upstairs.

The X30 is playing the fool , probably more likely to be the 3TB HDD than the machine, although the HDD is only 2 years old. Main issue is that, twice lately, it has "deleted" the entire database of 2.5Tb on a recovery run (showing invalid Db) and moved it to the recovery folder. First time, I escaped with a 6 hour restore from the recovery folder after a firmware jiggle (cheers Admin for that one!), but this latest one isn't playing ball. It's currently "importing" the recovery folder to the Db after similar jiggle, but appears to want 9 days to do it. There are 75,000 tracks, mainly wav & flac, and its done about 18,000 in 3 days so far - so I think 9 days is conservative! Plus, if its "importing", surely the 2.5Tb of data in the recovery folder, hence on the HDD, will prevent a full import, as there's only ~500Gb free? It wouldn't import individual album folders - plus the recovery folder took an hour just to open! So.…. wait and see... but not hopeful. (ps - I do have a 3Tb external HDD, backed up a month or two ago - so all isn't lost completely).

Otherwise, worst case is a new machine - but I've since got rid of all the hi-fi separates, apart from turntables, so would prefer one with an amp, so that leaves the X35 as sole choice.

However, I'm amazed it's £1695.

Quite a few bits have been upgraded, nice bigger screen, 3.0 USB ports, dual amps etc etc and it looks great. Reviews in the States seem good too.

Any UK guys got one yet? - when did it actually come out?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:17 pm 

This device isn't supported in the UK no sellers in the uk would be selling this device.
So we (support) can't comment on the software as it isn't tested in the UK thanks.