Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:16 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: usb keyboard
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:20 pm 

I think I read I could use a keyboard via usb to input the CDs info, is that true, how can I do it? I have connected one but does not work.

Last edited by metalavy on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: usb keyboard
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

metalavy wrote:
I think I read I could use a keyboard via usb to input the CDs info, is that true, how can I do it? I have connected one but does not work.

Use a USB not a "PS to USB" type. Any USB keyboard is fine.
You can use the F10 (for menu) & Esc (Return), Ctrl V (paste text), Ctrl C (Copy text), Ctrl X (Cut text) & arrows and all the others.......almost like a remote control.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:37 pm 

If you are a UK user I bought a Texet MB-7888 from Wilkinson this week for a mere £5.30.

Works perfectly, just plug in and play - the lead is attached.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:38 am 

Hi,

Do you happen to know if there is a keyboard key for "eject CD" as this would be very usefull when ripping CD's which are not in the database.

regards

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:17 am 

radioham wrote:
Hi,
Do you happen to know if there is a keyboard key for "eject CD" as this would be very usefull when ripping CD's which are not in the database.
regards
Alan

I do not think there is an eject command on the keyboard...........apart from the copy/paste/menu/return/cut/delete/....
You might have to use the eject from the remote.
The x10 prompts the user to enter details after the ripping session, when the cd information isn't found.
Its best to get the artist/album/genre at the session stage (before ripping) & then edit the tracks later or when the x10 prompts the user.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:58 am 

Use a USB not a "PS to USB" type. Any USB keyboard is fine.
You can use the F10 (for menu) & Esc (Return), Ctrl V (paste text), Ctrl C (Copy text), Ctrl X (Cut text) & arrows and all the others.......almost like a remote control.[/quote]

Is there any way to mark a block of text with the keyboard; when editing TAGs for example?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:35 am 

Bytheseaside wrote:
Is there any way to mark a block of text with the keyboard; when editing TAGs for example?

Hold down shift and press the left or right arrow keys, or the Home or End keys to mark text. Then Ctrl+C copies, Ctrl+V pastes, and Ctrl+X cuts (like in most computer programs).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:20 pm 

marriedto51 wrote:
Bytheseaside wrote:

Hold down shift and press the left or right arrow keys, or the Home or End keys to mark text. Then Ctrl+C copies, Ctrl+V pastes, and Ctrl+X cuts (like in most computer programs).

Thank you for that. Are there any other keyboard operations that mimic the remote control or are otherwise useful? The Enter key is an obvious one, but is there one that brings up the menu, for example?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:34 pm 

Bytheseaside wrote:
Thank you for that. Are there any other keyboard operations that mimic the remote control or are otherwise useful? The Enter key is an obvious one, but is there one that brings up the menu, for example?

F10 pops up the menu, the Return (or Enter) key asks like the OK on the remote control, and Esc acts like the return/back button on the remote control. Those are the only ones I've found so far.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:23 am 

marriedto51 wrote:
Bytheseaside wrote:

F10 pops up the menu, the Return (or Enter) key asks like the OK on the remote control, and Esc acts like the return/back button on the remote control. Those are the only ones I've found so far.

I'd worked out the Enter key, but not the others. Very useful. Thank you.