Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:59 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: Remote Control Codes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:50 am 

What is the remote control protocol used for the X10 remote. I am trying to use the android app Smart Remote but the Cocktail Audio remotes are not covered in their databases. It is possible to import code files and I note that the button codes for the X10 remote are available via http://www.av10.co.uk/blog/2014/05/15/c ... trol-codes. However, I'm new to this and don't know what the X10 code protocol is, how these code can be turned into a file that can be imported into Smart Remote. Has anybody done it or can advise how it can be done?

Post subject: Re: Remote Control Codes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:16 pm 

Normally you use Hex codes to program other devices so you don't have to use the X30/X10 remote.
Many info online...
I haven't tried it yet. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:13 am 

I recently posted a query regarding the remote control code protocol used with the X10. I was trying to create a universal remote using the Android Smart Remote App (Peel technologies) since my X10 is part of an AV system made up of several components, each with its own remote. With the exception of the X10, Smart Remote's database has remotes for all the components of my system. I was aware that the remote codes are available on he av10 blog but they need converting to the .amsr protocol used by Smart Remote. the av10 blog does not tell you the code protocol of the X10 remote nor is it obvious what the system code is which ensures the codes given will drive only the X10 remote. For those interested, I contacted the Smart Remote technical guys who went to the trouble of creating an X10 smart remote which now resides in their database of AV remote. The X10 remote protocol is NEC. The Smart remote App is terrific and through it I'm able to drive my complete system using a Samsung tablet.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:41 am 

This is quite normal:

Cocktail Audio told me it was the NEC protocol.
I emailed Cocktail Audio UK - AVing

Some link:
http://colortiger.com/pronto2amsr.php