Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:08 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: Backup Query...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:57 am 

Can anyone explain why the external 2TB back-up appears to duplicate & triplicate the catalouge numbers & some of the albums too ? which has resulted in 478 albums shown on the Music DB back-up drive but only 451 on the Cocktail Music DB drive. This does not appear to cause any problems, whether playing the tracks from either drive, however should I need to run a total restore, would this result in a problem when playing the restored tracks fromthe Cocktail Music DB ?
I tend to run the back-up on a weekly basis, following ripping new cd's, wav's, flac's & mp3's.

Post subject: Re: Backup Query...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:17 pm 

Yes, I have noted that backups now appear to take longer (much longer) after the r0042 firmware. I expected this for the first one, as the database structure had changed - but not necessarily so as the bulk of my data is the existing WAV files which do not change themselves as they carry no metadata (the metadata gets carried in the associated *.id3 files).

What appears to have changed for the worse too is the that the backups appear no longer to be incremental, whereby only the newly created and changed files are copied over. This means that my second and subsequent backups after the upgrade now take many many hours - before the upgrade I used to backup every day (as we are still in the process of feeding our X30) - but I cannot spare the time now for daily backups.

I have raised this issue with Cocktail Audio UK prior to Christmas, they said they would conduct some tests and get back to me - I am waiting for this response, but they have been closed all over Christmas and New Year.

The other problem with backups is that the backup still does not appear to be backing up any playlists - which makes me avoid spending time setting any up.

Peter.