Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:40 am

All times are UTC


Untitled Document

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:05 pm
Posts: 102
@rossman: and what was that workaround?

I ask because I work on Audacity (Documentation and support) and I'm always fascinated to discover how folk are using it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:01 pm
Posts: 21
Hi Peter, I just opened the relevant tracks with Audacity, then exported to a new folder with edited metadata. I then copied onto a microSD card and was able to copy from this onto the X30 DB.

This meant dealing with individual tracks at both stages rather than a whole album but has been easier for me than anything else that I have found so far.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:58 pm
Posts: 64
Yep, I've had this too.

As a workaround, I use Xrecode II to strip the 'composer' fields and rename the album to something completely different. Pop on a USB drive (or whatever) and import. Amend the album title via the GUI or keyboard. I'm convinced its something to do with the new composer fields.

Somewhat related - after recovering a substantial database from the X10 back up to the new X30, I noticed some albums showed NO titles, cover art or file format details on playback. Adding a character to the album title (I add a full stop) and saving restores all the data (even if you go back and later delete the character). In all occurrences, there was data in the composer field (which reappears). This, of course, only happens to albums not ripped from CD (in any format) as ripping CDs didn't input this data in the first place. I found this on about 3-5% of my collection and took several evenings to remedy.

Strangely, track 1 always showed the correct data & art - so test using the last track for example (easy to navigate to with the remote when checking hundreds of titles).

Took a week or so to realise the 'pattern', it drove me mad :evil: until it dawned on me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron