Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:15 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:09 pm 

Just purchased a 1Tb WD My Passport external hard drive to use as a Back Up for my X10. But I get the above error message every time I hit OK to confirm BACKUP. Does anyone know what this means and should I just wait until whatever is converting is finished converting. I have just plugged the external drive without any formatting, so is it my fault should I have done something else before plugging in? I am still climbing up the learning curve so go easy on me - many thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:27 am 

Format it elsewhere 1st & see...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:00 pm 

Thanks for the reply - I can access the external drive and the folders etc so I guess that has been recognised. On looking through the X10 Instruction Booklet I note that a CD Rip is first carried out in WAV then converted to MP3 - maybe that's what it is doing. Is it possible that a partially corrupt rip is holding up that process and maybe a HDD RESTORE might be the answer. Never done one before - anxious that I might lose everything.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:06 pm 

Could be, that was one of the reasons i stopped using the x30 & opted for the pro x100 (different structure & conversion is done upon ripping).
One corrupted file could **** up the entire collection & render the unit useless!
And a bloody nightmare finding the culprit file too...
One way would be to copy album by album to the external drive & that could help you find the problem album.
Or just check album by album & find the corrupted track & delete that album & see if you can backup without any setbacks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:40 pm 

Many thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Took your advice and found the problem album and deleted; converting of waiting albums then successfully recommenced. Problem is there's about 70 albums waiting to convert and it takes about 60 to 90 mins per album. Is it okay to leave a x10 running overnight?