Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:23 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:54 pm 

Have just converted my audio to Flac, for more space and uniformity, however i have a number of Folders which i have as Hits of various artists on, i.e Bowie, which is a compilation i have on my Sony z100, these are just generic folders with all the audio stored in numbered format and also an m3u file in.
However when imported to my x10, the machine just jumbles everything up on looking at the DBtool index in my browser everything has a different number at the beginning to what i have assigned it in the folder.
Even after editing these numbers and saving they just revert back to what they were before, this only seems to happen to certain folders and not all.
The x10 also ignores the M3u playlist in the folder, it does say in the bumpf that it recognises these types of file but i can neither import or find any info as to how to use them.
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

ch33se

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:42 am 

It looks like the file number prefix that you have assigned is different from the track number in the metadata (id3 tag) of that file.
If you copy the original album from the Sony z100 to your P.C. and open it with a tag editing programme. I use mp3 tag http://www.mp3tag.de/en/download.html
Then you can check and edit all of the tags and the file names before you import to the X10. Clicking on the bar above the filenames or track numbers will sort them into the correct album order.
If the tags are too messed up, then select all of the files and use one of the tagging sources (top of the page) to re tag the files.
Remember to delete the existing album from the X10 before you import it again.
After doing this you could check to see it the X10's web browser will let you edit the track numbers and save them now.

I can't help with the M3u playlist files as I don't use them.
Hope this will help you.