Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:36 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:07 am 

Sometimes the Edit Album option does not accept my changes, so I have to go through each title, one by one.

Any obvious reason why this might be the case. With operas often having 30+ tracks per CD, it is pretty time consuming getting the artist, composer, genre, etc correct without Edit Album.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:20 pm 

come to the stunning thought - why am I bothering to convert to FLAC? the files are on CDs as WAV, just leave them as WAV and avoid the pain of conversion. Conversion not only takes time, on my X10 at least, it often causes the Web interface to give up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:59 pm 

Just bear in mind that if you do rip to WAV. The X10 does not embed the tags within the WAV files, Instead it creates a separate .id3 file for each track that contains the tagging info. This is ok when playing your files on the X10 but if you want to copy or export them to use on another device. It will be a problem as the WAV files will not contain any tags.

The X10 will convert the wav files to another format for you so that you can export them as FLAC etc, and retain the tagging info. However this is a bit of a lengthy process.
Also, if you do rip everything in WAV and your X10 breaks down, then you will have a hard drive full of untagged WAV files. That only the X10 can convert without loosing all of the tagging info, as it is contained in those separate .id3 files.
I would avoid all of the potential problems that ripping in WAV on the X10 causes and just rip as FLAC instead.