Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:50 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: Music Tag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:02 pm 

Has anyone used this programme for printing out files/folders from X10?
It is part of "Wide Angle" products and seems to be successor to Mp3tag.
i am about to purchase Music Tag but only if it helps me with a list of my X10 contents so that I can print them out. Any advice on setting this up would be appreciated.
There seems to be a Print ability on X10 itself but it seems rather crude,slow and uses lots of paper -only seems to produce 12 items per sheet.

Post subject: Re: Music Tag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:22 pm 

I have just tried the free version of Music Tag and this will not help you with printing out a list of your music, as it does not have an option to do that.
Music Tag is a basic (and pretty awful) auto tagging program.

If you could give a bit more information, as to why exactly are you wanting a printed list of the X10's contents, and what kind of format are you after.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:04 am 

Thanks for getting back to me.I just need a simple list of my albums/composers,in alphabetical order and tracks so that i know what is on there without having to turn on the PC and go to Webgui.About 900 albums, 27 pages.
i suppose it's possible to copy the Webgui on to my Ipad and see the contents there. Brian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:23 pm 

No problem. Opening the webgui on the ipad is probably your best solution. Just open safari and type the address of the X10 into the address bar at the top of the page, just like it is on your PC.
While it is possible to create many different types of list with mp3tag, text, rich text, CSV, HTML etc. I would not recommend doing it unless you are familiar with using the program and are creating the list from a spare backup of your files, on an external drive etc.
As you cannot edit the files or tags with an external program or this will mess up the X10's DB or your backup.

The other problem with creating a list is when you add more Albums or edit any tags, as your list will be out of date and you will have to generate it from the start again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:29 pm 

Hi,

For that purpose, I developed my own program to create WORD (actually RTF) files like this one.

Attachment:
ListMeExample.jpg
ListMeExample.jpg [ 219.27 KiB | Viewed 9324 times ]

It runs on Windows where I can reach my X30 through the network. For its data, it doesn't use the audio tags but rather the data from the SQLite database itself.

I have no idea if that also could work for an X10 because it might have a different database structure to start with.

If you want to find that out, send me an email to 'hellomike at versatel.nl'.

Regards,

Mike