Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:50 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Post subject: X10 Not responding
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:35 pm 

Can anyone help, please?
Loaded some music files over from iTunes back up HDD, and it took forever to "Exit USB Mode" so rebooted after waiting 10 hours.
X10 now shows "Query Error ! " when trying to access Music db and no options available in "Browser" mode, when you go to next screen in, and Query Error ! also shown here.
X10 does not recognise pc now, and pc does not recognise / cannot access X10. :cry:

Any thoughts and advice gratefully received.

Thank you.

Andrew

Post subject: Re: X10 Not responding
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:55 pm 

Hi....there is a posting entitled query error on here....your problem is similar to mine, the hdd proved to be faulty and all my data was lost. I lost 16000 songs but i had a back up. the hdd had a two year guarantee and was replaced, but the experience was terrible....good luck

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:43 pm 

Thank you. I have contacted Signify / Nova Fidelity by email, they referred me to the help pages, but the problem looks pretty bad, so as even the help pages have referred me to the Support team at the UK HQ in Kent, I will call them tomorrow. I think my hdd may be covered by guarantee too, but if not, I really don't know what to do.

A.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

Dont worry:
Query Error on the X10-X40 means the device can't access the sql file linked to your repertoire - simple.
Thus you need to check if the internal drive (HDD) is faulty or if it's a software setup/matter.
Other things like the HDD connectors and partition error could also cause the query error & even mistakenly switching the USB option on.
1. Can you see "HDD1" from the browser interface thru the home menu/screen?
2. Try using the NTFX fix? (does it work?)
3. What was the last thing you did?
-Have you had a power surge ?
-Anyone touched the HDD - internal HDD?
4. What firmware is installed on the device pls?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:42 am 

Thank you to all who responded to this cri de coeur. This is a great community, full of kind, helpful and knowledgeable people .

Good news and bad news. The X10 is now back and running normally, but I have no idea what caused this, or how to prevent a recurrence, or address such in the future.

However, I think that even I will soon be content with the equivalent of 44 - odd days of potential continuous music to play (according to my iTunes library), so will only need the X10 to play what it has already digested.

A.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:37 pm 

Admin wrote:
Dont worry:
Query Error on the X10-X40 means the device can't access the sql file linked to your repertoire - simple.
Thus you need to check if the internal drive (HDD) is faulty or if it's a software setup/matter.
Other things like the HDD connectors and partition error could also cause the query error & even mistakenly switching the USB option on.
1. Can you see "HDD1" from the browser interface thru the home menu/screen?
2. Try using the NTFX fix? (does it work?)
3. What was the last thing you did?
-Have you had a power surge ?
-Anyone touched the HDD - internal HDD?
4. What firmware is installed on the device pls?

Dear Admin,

I am afraid the "Query Error!" is back.

I decided to try to back up the Music db to an external hdd, after not using the X10 for about a week or so, and now cannot access the Music db at all, even when not connected to my pc. Nor can I access the X10 through connection to my pc.

Best I can manage is to connect the X10 to the pc when turned off, and then switch on, and it goes immediately into "USB mode", but when I try to copy Music Db, X10 disappears from display of devices connected to pc.

To answer your queries, for which great thanks,

(1) I can see the "HDD1" on my browser interface when pc is allowed access. - This is intermittent.
(2) NTFX fix - happy to try. I will research, but can you instruct me on this, please?
(3) Last operation of X10 would have been to play a long Playlist.
(4) Power surges - I notice that even when playing my iPod on a Klipsch cradle speaker, there are occasional cutouts, so there may be momentary powercuts, and the X10's performance is ragged, but worse than the iPod.
(5) Firmware Version is X1 -CA- 1.4.0.r1793. Update is set to "automatic"

Thanks for your previous response. Apologies for not spotting it before, but i will check in on here daily now.

A.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

I would try a PC error checking (similar to the ntfx fix).
1. Right click on the drive eg E:
2. Properties/Tool Tab/Error checking/Start ...(dont check/tick the 2nd box)

Could be the hdd has partition errors or some form of instability.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:10 pm 

Thank you.

I tried the right click to "Properties", then into Tools, as suggested, then went into the first one down, and tried to scan.

NB, this was only after getting the X10 to recognise being in "USB Mode" after I turned it off, then plugged the cable in and turned it back on. When i put the cable connection in as normal, the X10 was shown as being a device connected to my pc, but it wouldn't show it as accessible in the My Computer browser.

First message was "G/ "- the file it was recognised as shown as "not accessible to view files"

Then the pc offered me the "Scan and Fix (recommended)" or don't scan and continue options.

I scanned, and the pc got stuck first at 69,635 files, then, when I tried again, at 69,655.

Then, I got the message "Windows cannot check disc while in use." "Do you want to dismount the volume first? Note all opened handles to this volume will become invalid"

So, not knowing what damage I might do if I did dismount, I said "No", and went back out, then back into Properties, back to "Tools", tried to scan again, and got the message "G not responding"

I'm in your hands.

Thanks,

A.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

You HDD isn't performing well.
I think we could probably ratiocinate your HDD as being 'faulty-ish'.
I would have thought the DB could be problematic but your reply points to the HDD 70%.
Do you have a back up? (FORMAT IT on the PC if you have a backup - songs would be LOST & import from scratch).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:54 pm 

Haven't backed up for a while, in view of previous problems.

Will attempt to get in and hope that there's a one off mutual recognition between pc and X10, and try to initiate back up then.

If this doesn't happen...........?