Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:44 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:17 pm 

Two related questions in one: I have just started my first X10 Backup after ripping several hundred CDs - how long should it take (approximately) please? (I'm backing up to a 2TB 'My Passport Ultra' portable hard drive via a USB cable.)

Does the term 'Incremental Backup' mean that each time you undertake a Backup in future, it simply adds any Changes or Additions from the DB and thus doesn't re-backup CDs already backed up previously?

Hope someone can help please. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:25 am 

See my post - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1498 (for an X30)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:18 am 

Thank you 'fidot'. I thought I had re-posted on here already to give an update, but I can't see my comments. Just to advise, my first back up took about 24 hours for over 600 albums and it seems ok, thanks. Presumably, future backups will take less time as I think I read elsewhere it simply adds new albums and doesn't attempt to re-copy existing backed up recordings.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:35 pm 

Hi Joss, reading your post re x10 backup - I'm just waiting for a large back log of reformatting to complete before I can do my first backup. My collection is about the same size as yours and expect when I do backup that it will take about 24 hrs. My question is - have you done a second backup since May and did your assumption prove correct that it was shorter as it only added the increment? I read somewhere that it did a complete overwrite, every time, for each backup but hope that you were proved right.