Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:41 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:15 pm 

Want to purchase a hard drive to back up my X10. The book says I require a capacity larger than my inbuilt hard drive which is 2tb. I think this means I have to jump up to a 3tb external hard drive as the increments seem to be in 1tb. Additionally my CD collection is somewhere about 1000 and I will probably only ever double or treble that. That means I am only using a fraction of the 2tb available in my x10; does that still mean I require a 2tb + external drive. I am guessing maybe the internal software of the x10 may recognise an external hard drive of capacity less than 2tb and refuse to back up. Sorry it's a bit wordy - but can you advise. Any recommendations of a hard drive would be most welcome too thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:53 pm 

Appreciate your dilemma and the manual's not too clear about a lot of things. I have an X30 with a 2Tb internal drive and back up to a 500Mb (0.5Tb) external drive. So there you go, you should be ok as long as your external drive has a capacity of at least twice the size of you Music Database.

I might add that bitter experience has taught me to run with at least two current backs ups. Why? Just in case you do a I did - wipe both the internal and the external (back up) drive! :o :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:12 am 

Just backup the space you have used - simple.
You don't have to buy a bigger drive if you haven't used the whole space.
I used to use the x10 & x30 but have now moved to the pro x100 (after dumping them on ebay) for the backup & database structure.
So i am not entirely sure whether all the incremental issues have been fixed on the x10, x30, x40 type boxes.
I would try a WD or scandisk external drives. Good luck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:08 pm 

Thanks guys for taking time and giving me a steer in the right direction, much appreciated really!