Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:16 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create a topic for JUST any question, look for an akin post/forum.
For example 'PHP scripts' or webinterface issues will be best posted under 'Web-Interface related Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users to find the solutions to their queries.

Post subject: X30 turns on by itself
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:16 pm 

I have had my X30 for a few days now and have found that it has turned itself on from standby overnight on each occasion that it has been switched off in the evening. On one occasion it turned itself on within about half an hour of by put into standby while I was in the room.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this situation. I don't want to have to return it to my dealer as I have put about 90 albums on it so far. The demo unit that I had on loan never did this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:55 pm 

rossman wrote:
I have had my X30 for a few days now and have found that it has turned itself on from standby overnight on each occasion that it has been switched off in the evening. On one occasion it turned itself on within about half an hour of by put into standby while I was in the room.
Any suggestions on how to resolve this situation. I don't want to have to return it to my dealer as I have put about 90 albums on it so far. The demo unit that I had on loan never did this.

Try the new firmware 0042 again & see, perhaps you didn't downlaod the complete file.
The packet could be less, hence causing the restart.
Mine is fine, the only thing is that i got used to the KB shortcuts but now they have changed them :(
http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/X30FW.shtml

Are you a seller?
You said you had a demo unit cool too .. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:30 pm 

AudioAndrex wrote:
rossman wrote:

Try the new firmware 0042 again & see, perhaps you didn't downlaod the complete file.
The packet could be less, hence causing the restart.
Mine is fine, the only thing is that i got used to the KB shortcuts but now they have changed them :(
http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/X30FW.shtml

Are you a seller?
You said you had a demo unit cool too .. :)

Thanks, I've tried the update on the firmware, it looks like 038 was installed. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it works.

I'm not a seller, the demo unit I had was from my dealer as I wanted to be sure that I liked the sound of the X30 before I committed to buy one. The one I ended up buying seems to have a quieter HDD for some reason which is good :) The unit turning itself on has been the only frustration but I'm probably getting more used to the operation of the X30's features.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:24 pm 

hmmm, try & follow the notes (pdf), as this FW updates the system as well as the software.
Stick it on the root, so the 2nd update will run.
Mine was fine - i followed the instructions & i like the features hopefully more will come soon as well as for x10.
Want both my X10 & X30 updated b4 x'mas :D ok New Year will do :D :D :D

http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware/X30 ... 0042v2.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:34 pm 

Thanks AudioAndrex.

The X30 seems good now. No turning on by itself for the last couple of days so the problem seems to have been sorted out with the firmware update :D