Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:35 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create a topic for JUST any question, look for an akin post/forum.
For example 'PHP scripts' or webinterface issues will be best posted under 'Web-Interface related Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users to find the solutions to their queries.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:42 pm 

Any ideas please.
Problem started after adding some albums to the DB. I followed the you tube video using the USB outlet at the back with a laptop. After installation it just booted to glass then blank screen.
I have tried depressing the on and confirm buttons when turning on the unit, now just boots to the cocktail glass after doing this.
I have tried to connect unit to laptop via USB but it wont connect and it doesn't show up on the network. Remote won't work as there are no icons. I have to use switch at the back to turn on and off.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:00 pm 

How exactly did you do it?
You messed up with the ".DB" i think? :)
If you use USB, the files (music) must be next to the ".DB" & then import via remote when you turn ON the X10 - simple!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:15 pm 

Hi stane
looks like that's what happened any ideas how to put thing right?
I was thinking I would have to take HD out of unit and format via the computer as I cant access any thing on the unit?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:19 pm 

Johnybgood wrote:
Hi stane
I was thinking I would have to take HD out of unit and format via the computer as I cant access any thing on the unit?

The video instructions said not to put any files inside the ".DB", yet you did???
Actually i think i know what you could do:
1. Switch the ON the X10 & connect it to your network.
2. Access via SAMBA from PC (If you can't remember the IP use \\X10)
3. Delete the files inside the .DB

Use the RUN: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=842&hilit=Run#p5140

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:29 pm 

Johnybgood wrote:
Hi stane

@Musiclascala
It might not work, if the network doesn't connect before the X10 freezes
Also HDD could be inaccessible.

@Johnybgood
You could format the HDD (Or still access the songs) via a PC but X10 won't be picked up (by the PC) if HDD is not accessible.
1. The TRICK is to disconnect the SATA connectors from the HDD
2. Boot the X10 (with no connection to SATA) & switch storage at setup (Setup/music db/storage/USB)
3. Connect SATA & then boot again, the X10 will not check HDD - Will boot to the ICONS
4. Connect USB & delete files inside ".DB" or format if you like.
5. Disconnect USB & Switch storage via setup (back to internal HDD - else you will get "Query Error").
6. All should be fine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:15 am 

Thanks everybody and Stane for your last suggestion . I will give it a try to day.
Fortunately I have backed everything up before the catastrophe. Loosing the albums is the last thing on my mind at the moment, fingers crossed I will get the unit up and running. Once again thanks all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:43 am 

Thanks again worked a treat, I have just added the following which might help others :-

1. I unplugged the red lead to the HD and turned on the unit and it booted to the icons.
2. Set the unit to format HD. (Don't press confirm yet)
3. Plugged in the red lead while the unit was still on and quickly pressed the confirm format button via the remote. (before the unit had time to boot up and try and find the HD)
4. Haypresto unit reformatted and rebooted after the format and back to normal working order.
5. Just have to put the albums back on.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:06 pm 

I'm having a similar(ish) problem.

The device was working perfectly, but on two occasions has failed to boot (freezing on the 'glass logo') after a normal overnight shut down.

On the first occasion I was able to retrieve all the files using a PC, then delete the partition, after which the machine booted and allowed me to restore the files.

I really don't want the hassle of having to do this every few days, so does anyone know why it happens, and is there a better way to revive the device?

If it's a corrupt database, then the firmware may have problems needing resolving - simply playing albums should not cause a crash. I can accept that adding albums may well result in corruption, but that's not what has happened.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:18 pm 

If it freezes at the glass or chequers, then it's the software - just reboot or do an ER recovery (fw update by pressing 2 buttons)
Link:
http://cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware/firmwareER.pdf

If it doesn't boot past the hdd, then its the hdd database.
Could be:
1. A rogue song during transfer - normally after AUX recording type
2. Pampering with .DB
3. Renaming folders in .DB via USB (not useful)
4. HDD partition is corrupted

Best solution, access HDD via USB & check the last file imported & remove it.
Or Format HDD or scan for errors (not recommended), as WINDOWS OS can sometimes remove some songs as erroneous (import back).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:37 pm 

The plot thickens...

Definitely a firmware issue (it's reporting X1-CA-1.4.0.r1754), but nothing to do with the database on this second occasion.

On a hunch, I tried re-booting with the network cable unplugged, and it booted perfectly! I then plugged in the network cable, went into the setup and it eventually reported 'Network set Fail !!!' Why three exclamation marks, I wonder?

Unfortunately, if there's a network issue (restarting the VirginMedia modem/router fixed it), the unit hangs instead of reporting that it cannot find the network. Cocktail Audio need to address this.

I'm using the default DHCP setting rather than a static IP... maybe the static IP setting could prevent this problem, but it's not an answer.

I'm just glad I didn't re-format, etc...!