Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:54 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create a topic for JUST any question, look for an akin post/forum.
For example 'PHP scripts' or webinterface issues will be best posted under 'Web-Interface related Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users to find the solutions to their queries.

Post subject: Cannot boot up x10
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:25 am 

I've tried to search on this but all I ever get is a message that every word in my search terms has been ignored as it is too common. I eventually ran out of ways to ask.

When I start my x10 it appears to boot up correctly until the very end when the "Invalid database" message comes up. This stays on screen for a few seconds then the screen goes black and then grey. The machine freezes and can only be switched off from the main switch at the back. So there is no way to run recover or do anything else.

I had this problem once before and nobody was able to help but I'm hoping that this time round someone will have an idea what I can do.
Last time I kept rebooting for days and then one day it loaded and I was able to run recover. This didn't entirely fix it but a few days later I got it to boot again and I reinstalled the software. After that it worked until now.

This time, after four days of trying, I still can't get it fully loaded. I'm in catch-22 as there is nothing I can do. Is there anyway of getting round this please?

Post subject: Re: Cannot boot up x10
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:20 am 

http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/firmware/firmwareER.pdf

Try the emergency recovery, make sure you have the latest firmware.

Hope it works, it has for me on similar occasions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:22 pm 

It is not an ER issue ... the database 'song file' is messed up.
The link between the songs & machine is problematic.
The solution is to check a few things such as a problem file (conversion problem), aux or hdd connection.
Reading your post it looks like the DB.

1. What did you do (the last action you took)?
2. Have you done a firmware update lately?
3. If you can quickly check the hdd & remove the bloody problem file it will be resolved.
4. Can you do a recovery scan before the screen goes white?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:04 pm 

Many thanks for the advice.

FabFreeq, the emergency repair actually did do the trick. I got right through the boot sequence and was then able to run the recover function and repair the database. All now seems to be working and I'm in the process of backing everything up again. I had no idea you could run such a function so would never have got there without your help.

tech1a, nothing out of the ordinary had happened before the problem appeared. I'd shut down as usual and next day when I went to boot up the failure occurred. The last firmware update was some months ago and I'd done nothing unusual since then. Nothing I tried allowed me to get to a screen before the screen went white so there was little I could do in the way of resolving anything. I'd tried to access the disc via the internet but with no success.

I'm really grateful to both of you for your help though. I'm retired, and my x10 is on for many hours each day so it's loss leaves a big hole in my entertainment..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:27 am 

No problem, puzzledjohn. Who'd thought listening to music can be so complicated?

I think the machine is great, but it is a bit idiosyncratic and the instruction manual is a law unto itself! The forum is a great place to find the answers although I find some of them are so "off the wall" I haven't got a clue what they are talking about! You are right about the forum's search facility, next to useless..... Now where are my blood pressure tablets?