Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:48 pm

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create a topic for JUST any question, look for an akin post/forum.
For example 'PHP scripts' or webinterface issues will be best posted under 'Web-Interface related Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users to find the solutions to their queries.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:50 pm 

I use X10 also to listen sounds from computer (cartoons, videos, movies...). The connection is done via simple cable from soundcard to line-in port on x10. But the problem is that the sound is at least 1 seconed delayed than video or whatever is displayed on computer. This is quite irritating. Can this be solved?

the manual wasn't helping me much, i changed audio settings (drc,spdif) to off, but the problem remains.

Also it happened couple times that when I switch to AUX and immediatly press volume up, x10 freezed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:09 am 

DRC & SPDIF is not related to AUX sound delay...........its optical related (SPDIF).
Use online manual: http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/manual.shtml

Line IN delays the output from the pre-amp for recording the source.
As long as the sound output is from the X10 & not the pre-amp its ok - for example recording LPS or speeches of meetings & lectures......don't have the source output & the X10 together - i think????

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:08 am 

I do not output the sound from X10 to other amplifier, and also in this case I do not need aux port for recording just listening. I'm just simply starting a video on computer and listening the sound on X10 and there is this at least 1 second delay of sound.

And this is certainly an issue of x10, because I had this exactly the same on my old amplifier working OK. (the only difference was in the cable since X10 uses one jack for AUX-IN, my old amplifier uses separate left and right ports.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:53 pm 
Site Admin

shori wrote:
I do not output the sound from X10 to other amplifier, and also in this case I do not need aux port for recording just listening. I'm just simply starting a video on computer and listening the sound on X10 and there is this at least 1 second delay of sound.

And this is certainly an issue of x10, because I had this exactly the same on my old amplifier working OK. (the only difference was in the cable since X10 uses one jack for AUX-IN, my old amplifier uses separate left and right ports.)

There is a slight delay with AUX but it’s for recording external source & outputting if the original source is not compared to the AUX feature on X10 (remember its processing the output for recording or other......)
There is no altering or sound rendering but if you are recording & you press stop (on the source sound), you get a second to adjust recording on AUX setup on X10.
Will see what we can do, if users are concerned....... :oops:

Why do you use this with picture ......? :) Use the AMP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:11 pm 

I use it instead of the old amp, which I put away, since I thought X10 will do the job.

I think line-in mode should also be for playback without delaying, it's not meant only for recording

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:32 am 

freemartial wrote:
DRC & SPDIF is not related to AUX sound delay...........its optical related (SPDIF).
Use online manual: http://www.cocktailaudio.co.uk/manual.shtml

Line IN delays the output from the pre-amp for recording the source.
As long as the sound output is from the X10 & not the pre-amp its ok - for example recording LPS or speeches of meetings & lectures......don't have the source output & the X10 together - i think????

Yes, I use sound output from X10, but I don't need recording the source, just playback together with video in computer, and here is this irritating delay. Can't really watch anything, kid's don't complain with cartoons, but...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:25 pm 

Hi,

Is there any resolution to this as I'm also trying to use it via my media player and there appears to be a 2 second delay .. Any chance this could be resolved via a firmware change?

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Will keep you all updated on LineInAUX (Chipset update prog required).
Try using a LIPSYNC adj on your Media player or AMP/DAC (many devices now have the sync adjustment is quite common).

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:43 pm 

Thank you for not forgeting this one. I tryed your suggestion and in VLC player set to play audio exactly 1 second earlier. Sounds OK, but I still find this a temporary solution and hope for setting in new firmware.
Of course any other audio from PC (for example games) through X10 still delays.

What did you mean with this?

Admin wrote:
Will keep you all updated on LineInAUX (Chipset update prog required).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:30 pm 

Thanks for the suggestion, however I've already tried this (should have mentioned it), unfortunately my media player goes silent if I try to set a delay greater than around 1.3 seconds (even then it stutters) :cry: