Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:33 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

Forum rules

Please don't create a topic for JUST any question, look for an akin post/forum.
For example 'PHP scripts' or webinterface issues will be best posted under 'Web-Interface related Forum'.
Any duplicate posts will be deleted without a reply.
This will make it easier for other users to find the solutions to their queries.

Post subject: Now my X10 doesn't work
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:49 am 

Can anyone help with this problem? I upgraded the firmware to1760, and now the X10 can't play anything.

I can navigate to a track, album, whatever, and it will attempt to play it, but give up in a nanosecond and try the next. Then the next, then the next.... you get the picture. It can't play ANY of the tracks. It will try hard - going through a hundred or so tracks before it gives up altogether.

Is this a problem for Recovery? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

Probably a moved issue, due to the OLD .DB structure!
1. Have a look inside the Browser/HDD1 & see if there is a generated recovery folder.
2. Do a recovery scan to remove the links that aren't working at the Music DB menu.
soln here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1025#p6522

Or it could be the firmware, just boot & see if you can play the tracks else do the above.

Nothing to worry about :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:47 pm 

Thanks - I have attempted recovery now a few times, and each time it works through about 157-158 of my 319 albums and then stops. I can only use the on/off switch at the back of the unit then to reboot. No other buttons will work. I tried sorting the albums differently in order to fool it into checking different ones, but it only checks the same 157-158.

can you suggest what I try next? I am not sure what you mean by "just boot & see if you can play the tracks". Is that something different from just switching it on?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:18 pm 

Answering my own post, the good news is that the tracks are still there as I can access and play them on my laptop by browsing to the folders on my laptop and then choosing to play them through HP Connected Music.

The bad news is that I still can't get them to play on the X10. I am assuming that is ok, as so far the Recovery scan has only looked at Albums, and not tracks, so no recovery has yet happened to the individual tracks.

It's puzzling.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:27 pm 

Depends how you loaded your new F/W. It seems best to download to a flash drive, and then manually update. Users have had all sorts of problems with this latest F/W which admin have been strangely quiet about, but your X10 should play the tracks OK with uncorrupted new firmware. Some have reverted to the previous F/W and then updated manually to the new. Might be worth a try. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:37 pm 

Yep - I downloaded to a flashdrive and did the manual update that way, so I followed best practice there!

Would it be best to revert to the old firmware altogether? Is it likely that that would work ok?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:42 pm 

OK - I can't answer that, as mine worked straight off with new F/W, but I've read on here that some have reverted (sounds like a religion....) to the original, and everything worked. I guess you do it at your own risk as they say, but I'd certainly try it if it was my problem - otherwise the X10 is just a door-stop, even if it does look like one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

OK let the recovery finish the operation & tell me what you see (recovery results)?
Or whatever happends or amid the session...

You could alway backup & restore...? Let's do the above 1st.
It could be the system file is a bit corrupted not the songs...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:12 pm 

Hi Admin

the recovery doesn't finish - it stops at either album 157 or 158 of 319 albums, and then the system freezes.

Anyway, I reverted to the previous firmware, and had no problems with the couple of tracks I reviewed. I have a new download of the new firmware, and now updating again. I'll let you know how it goes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:14 pm 

Bingo! Must have been a corrupted install. Thanks everyone for pitching in, and MelODean for making me think of a reinstall.