Cocktail Audio™ UK Support Forum

|| www.facebook.com/CocktailAudioUK || www.cocktailaudio.co.uk || www.trustpilot.com/review/cocktailaudio.co.uk ||
It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:14 am

All times are UTC

Untitled Document

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:05 pm 

RECIVA, hasn't updated their API, so hope ...:

http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:08 am 

THe MP3 feed at 128K is dreadful, thank you BBC for breaking a good product:- :evil:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/ent ... 680c49882f

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:59 am 

Another own goal? This is the typical lack of concern about the consumer/listener etc which is prevalent nowadays: no announcement beforehand, no consultation with internet radio providers..... I wonder if anyone else, like me, recorded seven and a half hours of that loop saying the WMA service is now discontinued, instead of the three Rattle/BPO Sibelius symphonies cycle concerts from the Barbican. Nice one, BBC! I've managed to recover some of the works from the catch-up service within iReceiva (which, strangely, is in WMA format). However, the stream was not reliable and gave up the ghost each time around 60 - 90 minutes in.
Of course, the real problem for us X10 owners is that iReceiva is not as versatile as other providers and did not provide any other 320 kb/s stream than WMA for Radio 3. I notice the TuneIn radio app on my i-pod touch is showing several streams for R3, including two at 320 kb/s - all of the streams are now credited with 100% reliability. If one provider can do it, why cannot another?
Can we expect a response from iReceiva to remedy this situation, please?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:29 pm 

Congratulations to iReciva Radio for being so quick to allow us access to an AAC stream for BBC R3. I assume it's at 320 kb/s - sounds like it, the short listen I've just had, though information is not yet available on-screen. Still, it's very encouraging - thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:18 pm 

BBC Radio 3 is running 329kbps and quality is excellent. One problem (on both my X10 and X30) is that having saved the station as a favourite it has to be retuned everytime after going into standby.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:40 pm 

I don't know why you have to retune each time, mikej1234. I just deleted the old WMA stream from Favourites and inserted the new stream. Then that AAC stream comes up each time under Favourites.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:29 pm 

Hi All,

Radio 3 is back at 330K on my X10 and X30. The R2 MP3 sound better than when it first started stream not brilliant but acceptable. :)

Alan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:21 pm 

Yes, although an AAC feed of BBC Radio 3 at 320 kb/s is listed and it works, I have tried to add this to Favourites, without which recording isn't possible. However, each time I switch my X10 on the Favourites entry is unable to find the stream. I then delete it from Favourites, go into the main list, find it and add it to Favourites again. It will then open up within Favourites and a recording can be set, and it works - but I daren't switch off before the recording starts!

Has anyone else experienced this?